Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ChEmIsTrY.....!

Prologue : H2SO4 + me = Blabber

When we talk about chemistry, a lot of things zooms across, like hints development ( though i really did not understand that term until I failed in English-2) .

I tried to give a complex definition of Chemistry like Aamir does in 3 Idiots, but I didn't quite have a good dialogue writer, so let me stic
k to my basic nonsense. So let me relate an incident which happened in school days. Days I mean, when I did not bunk school - Sorry fellas it was to my bro who will disagree.

Chemistry is a tiny little alcoholic benzene subject, but fellas it's also something that works between a stupid boy and a very studious girl. W
hy... Let me explain,

My Chemistry teacher was Charles Durai, he was more of a Charles Durrr.. Because of the durr he produced. Anyway it was in my Tenth std when Chemistry labs were introduced. I was the class representative because of the leadership qualities exhibited by me (giving proxies to friends, games periods, and beatings from class teacher on behalf of other classmates..etc .. accolades). And Penelope had the same straits so she was the girls representative and assistant to me.


The whole class (bribed by me) thought we had a pleasant chemistry between us. Note : The title of this post is Chemistry, so you'll find chemistry tons of time between. We had beautiful times, called as the Golden Era . The Golden Era will be a separate post, so watch for it. In order to impress her I would do weird stuff, now even Blogs are one of them.

Because Penny was very sweet she offered here record notes and other stuff to carry me, obviously she shud be crazy abt me as well. Quite a couple of sessions later in our chemistry labs, I was still not able to find in which test tube Alcohol is placed. As I figured Methanol and Ethanol were there, Alcohol should be some
where around. Being the perfect scenario one day, Penny was all dressed up like an output for a high volume reaction, like Magnesium burning in dry ice ( To prove I really studied my chemistry book).

So somehow I seated myself near her, with an attempt to make the chemistry work in the chemistry class taught by the chemistry professor. As our Professor began his lullaby, I heard Ilayaraja music in my ears. She took the test tube from me and started the experiment. It was a team experiment and I had shooed away the rest, in order to make the chemistry works b/w us. Sweet as she is, noticed me not listening to th
e class and moved away from me. I reckon Shyness perhaps.
As we started our experiment she asked so many things to me “pass me dil.hcl, Co2, Dil.H2So4..Blah blah blah..." , I hardly listened as I was reaching my melting point. One point, then she yelled “CONCENTRATE", startled I poured the Conc.H2So4 in the half mixed liquid and POP... BLAST...I do not even want to share how I looked. Whatever was is in that, did not like the sulphur. I could see she had reached the boiling point now. RIP HaRy ..!

Note: If there are grammar and any other English mistakes, do not forgive me as I learned it from you guys! :) And as my disclaimer says, the above is fiction... so pls refrain from imagination.

39 comments:

Divya said...

I hardly listened as I was reaching my melting point. One point, then she yelled “CONCENTRATE", startled I poured the Conc.H2So4 in the half mixed liquid and POP... BLAST...

Mindblowing post !

Beautifully written. I enjoyed reading...

zealzen.blogspot.com

Peneloppe said...

hehhee :) wat an imagination !!! nice mate :) u bought the boiling point of Penny here ... poor she :(

Insignia said...

:-) Loved it Hary. So the chemistry between Penny and you didnt work!

You could not 'chemistrify' your chemistry teacher either

You did not CONCENTRATE on the chemistry classes either.

Your base and acids did not gel well with others in the class.

You instead consumed Ethanol and got a hic-hic and the result is this post :-P

I feel like I have sniffed some Nitrous oxide because I had good laugh.

Does this not prove that I learnt my chemistry pretty well in school and college? :-P

Peneloppe said...

boy!!! ethanol nd methanol belong to alcohol family... u dont ve to search for it separately!!!

DigitalGirl said...

venaaa... venaa....

Sameera said...

HA ha ha.. I love that line... pls refrain from imagination! LOL!

HaRy!! said...

~Divya... thanks yaar... :) me and my lol creativity.. never ending!..cyu arnd

~PeNnY... well she always is in her boiling point, but lately its going vice versa!

HaRy!! said...

~Bindu.... nane oru mokai... neenga yenaku mela mokai ah?? ...well all of wat yu said are true... except the first line... chemistry did work, and there are a lot of posts to come...
athu wait and watch. I did concentrate in the class, else no blast, and no Ethanol consumption, Mentos ...:) !! I agree yu learnt chemistry as much as I did as well

HaRy!! said...

~Penny... Thats why i said STUPID boy and a studious gal, and yu proved it... of all mokai things in the post yu cud only see this...unai impress pani naanum fruit aiduven..!

HaRy!! said...

~Preeti... venum venum :)

~Sameera... so yu did imagine did'nt yu...? he he

Sat_hi_sh said...

Na disclaimera nambardha ilae :D
Indha postla rombo nostalgic effecta irukae ;)

Being Pramoda... said...

Hey Hary.. as always enjoyed th epost.. dailed in eng-2 and leadership qualities are the qualities of a future leader..:) many examples we have.. hehe ..all the best my frnd..

and the BLAST...wah.. i could imagine little how u looked..;)

Shesha Chaturvedi said...

Haha.. i enjoyed the chemistry lessons.. Although i was a commerce student but till tenth standard all i learned was stay focused while playing with H2SO4 :P :P
P.s. in movies such Lab failures bring a smashishing chemistry between the stupid guy and studious girl.. :P

chitra said...

Hi Hary
I would have loved to see you in your Chemistry lab when the blast occurred. Kurumbu thane...
Nice imagination. Woven well.

sm said...

interesting chemistry
lesson

HaRy!! said...

~Satish.... naan boys scool la padichen :)

~Prams... glad yu lyked it mam!!.. he my lol creativity!

HaRy!! said...

~Shesha.....chemistry like i said... so many are interested....looks like yu had fun too?? any storiess

~Chitra... y this kola veri for everyone.... wat pavam i did

HaRy!! said...

~Sm... want some lessons?? i mean blasts?

Pai :) A million $ said...

from where ya get such story linees

Pai :) A million $ said...

superb Openinng!!

Madhu said...

the only chemistry i know is the payya-ponnu one..:P I can gyaan u on that..need it? :P

ZB said...

What an interesting chemistry. :)

Creativity!! said...

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

pallavi said...

ROFL!! Loved your post!!! Charles Durrrrrrrrrrrr - Hilarious!!!!

Aishwarya said...

Ha ha!
Whatever precipitated after that is what is important! What say?
Keep writing. :)

♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ ayu ♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ said...

i hate chemistry..but this is interesting :)

voicefromadistantstar.blogspot.com

Nazish Rahman said...

Loved the post Hary....i always loved chemistry so much that i opted for commerce in class 9 itself! :)

Waiting for your Golden Era post dude:)!!

CATGIRL said...

heyyy Harry..how did u come across my blog? and u made me cry so many drops of H2O and salt....u know that? what a waste>..coz u dint tell me what ur comment meant? what stuff u meant by " u dint realise it."..and
and
and

u showed sheer prejudice by not being a follower of a sweet pakistani girl *sob* *sob* ....i feel like throwing KMnO4(potassium permanganate) on uuu !!

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

he hehe eh hota hai hota hai.. reading your note reminded me of my chemistry teacher Mr. Bhaweja .. he was good and I could never Never for the life of me balance the equations and its was typicla Mr. bhaweja saying to Bikram.. Tune nahin paas hona kabhi ...

Excellent POSt matey

HaRy!! said...

~Pai... all nonsense creativity yu know.. think mad.. write mad

~Madhu... nane ore comedy... yenaku gyan ah? seri seri give

HaRy!! said...

~ZB... interesting... boring humor eh :) ?

~Creativity... thnkqqq

HaRy!! said...

~Pallavi... durrrr dantakana!

~Aishwarya... yenangoo... my face than precipitate

HaRy!! said...

~Ayu... nice to know!!

~NR.... well wait for it mate!

HaRy!! said...

~Catgal.... nooooo... nothing of that sort... common.. dont throw any of those... i already threw a great deal on myself!!

~Bikramji... he he... so write a post on him yar!!

suruchi said...

Hi Hary...
Super duper funny...
You have a way with the words...
Or the perfect funny words make their way to you?
*still wondering;-)*

My super LOL moments:
Bribing the whole class...
Methanol n ethanol being treated as sisters of alcohol!
How Penny was dressed!
The cute overuse of chemistry...
And the blasting end of course!;-)

Waiting now for ‘The Golden Era’!

Note: no grammar mistakes really! And how do we get blamed for that?
And imagination beyond refrain-dom!;-)

CATGIRL said...

heheh...thanx for ur appreciation and follinwg..i go by the name of
"CATGIRL RULEZZ" on FB...go n add me up.. wid angelina jolie's pic!

Raj said...

lol mahn. the only thing chemistry reminds me off is whiskey. good post considering the fact it gets me to laugh at four in the morning.

Shanu said...

LOL...Mast post!! I honestly thght this was a true story :P

Sangitha :) said...

Penny was all dressed up like an output for a high volume reaction, like Magnesium burning in dry ice ( To prove I really studied my chemistry book).

That sentence cracked me up! :D

All in all there was an overdose of chemistry.. :P and since u mentioned H2SO4 throughout the post all i cud think abt was that pathetic smell of labs.. :|

Fun post.. :D