Friday, November 13, 2009

yOu CaN dO iT !!!


Chandru looked at his hands and realised his old age has caught up well on him . His feeble hands would not allow him do any rusty work . He was trying to plant some sunflower seeds for his grandson who loves them, but stays quite far away in a Foreign land. He did not quite get help from his Son Raghu, who thinks the old man is nothing but a burden. His grandson(Rahul) was returning back in a couple of months and they write between them regularly .Rahul loves his grandfather very much and regrets his Dad for showing disrespect to the old man.

Chandru wrote to his grandson " Dear Rahul Betta, In spite of me trying so hard, am not able to plant the sunflower seeds, which I thought will be so much of a colourful greeting for you. Am not able to dig with my old hands and am very sorry that I am not able to greet you in a colourful way when you arrive. please take care" and he gave the letter to Raghu to get it sent across.

Rahul wrote back " Dear Grandpa, Please do not dig the Garden until I am back, that's where I have hidden something Valuable for you "

Two days later Raghu and his elder son started digging the garden frantically to Chandru's bewilderment. Finally without a word they gave up and left.

Puzzled Chandru wrote back telling Rahul what happened and what to do next.
Reply from Rahul" Go ahead and plant the seeds now.Its the best I could have done for you :) "

No matter where you are in this world, if you decide to do something and deep from within, You can Do it. Belief and thought matters, not where you are nor who the person is!


Happy Weekend everyone...I read a little similar kind of story somewhere and well wrote it with my inspiration :) ! Again sorry and please bear with me if am late in commenting to your posts, lil busy I am ( betcha none would believe that ...:( all the funny impression I created) !

And yes, am waiting for my 100th Follower :) !

50 comments:

Ayswarya said...

Nice Hary... tel me more stories like this... :) :)

Nithya said...

Thats a nice story. :)

ZB said...

thats absolutely right. Nice story Hary. I loved the message. keep them coming. :)

Meow said...

This is a very very sweet story ... :)

Suree said...

thats a very good story Hary....

Ravan said...

heh heh heh...nice story!!!

Mahesh Kalaal said...

Wow....quite impressive story
Liked it....

Madhu said...

hey hary..nalla irkku...quite touching u know?? Nee busy?? haha...expect me to buy that?

chocolate lover said...

hey nice story hary :)
and all the best for your 100 th follower ;)

Insignia said...

Nice story. :-)

A S said...

hahah! very nice one yaar... hope keeps eveyone going!

SARAVANAN said...

good one

Rohit said...

Aha!..thats a nice way to pass a message..

Amity Me said...

beautiful one...and yes, you've got an award from me, claim it in my place!

SaKsHi said...

Quite a departure frm ur usual blogs...bt nice 1 !!!

Rohini Prasanth said...

so sweet hary! Very inspiring. I know one other story similar to this, but this is different and equally inspiring, interesting. :)

Thanks for the good read. See you around!

Yeah.. I dont want to beleive you are busy. but I do know there is a life out of the comp.. so come back soon. .

Neha said...

hey nice story...hope to see u around soon more often :)

Suresh Kumar said...

Nice story.... And I fulfil ur wish of becoming the 100th follower.

Looking forward for more stories from u.

Sat_hi_sh said...

I have heard this story with a MAN in prison trying to help his FATHER plant his seeds :)
Anyways u have brought it out even better here :)
Loved reading it...

Watched "2012" yet ,have put it up in my blog ,give it a shot :)

keep blogging
cheers!!!

Being Pramoda... said...

hi Hary..

Good that u got inspired and wrote a special one..Loved it ..

So u have got ur 100th follower..whatnext? 101th?? hehehe just kidding...congrats and keep writing.. i love ur posts..

happy weekend..

A cartoon A day said...

good story boss!
:)
and u have your 100th follower now!:)

gayathri-vishwanathan said...

yeah this ws good had read it smewhere b4

Shalini said...

Nice...:)

TheBeez said...

Looks like you've gotten your 100th follower Hari, CONGRATULATIONS!! This story just reminds me of what tenacity and diligence can do for you, if you really try. Take care, and have a good weekend!

Anshika said...

My first visit. And I loved your blog. Some funny, some inspirational and some learning. Wonderful work. Will look forward to your posts...

JD said...

thats truly inspiring. thanx fr ur comments on my blog..

Anya said...

I am your 102th follower
yeahhhhhh........
:-)

Lovely post today
(@^.^@)

Guria said...

At first I thought, since you are the cartoonist, the grandson will give him directions to plant seeds using the mouse (!!) Ahem, Farmville effects!! :D :D
But yeah, I have heard of this story, and find it poignant too :)
Good one, bro! :))

P.S. Sorry for being irregular! :P

Harini said...

Nice...

Niharika said...

Good One!!!!!
Though I had heard about this one some tie back.. The way it was presented was excellent!!!

blunt edges said...

the farmwille effect is it? ;)

Meow said...

Very suweet post :) loved it :) nowadays u becoming bit serious :(

lostbutsurvived said...

Even I remember something similar. An ol' folk tale. But it strains to think in the past.

Jason said...

This is my first visit, but I'm very impressed with your blog. I have a blog myself that provides inspiration and guidance to millions of people around the world. I was wondering if we could do a link exchange to spread some traffic around. Let me know if this is cool.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Malar Gandhi said...

Ha ha..

Srishti said...

OMG, this is soooo awesome.
Exactly, when we decide to do something, when we are actually determined, its almost done. :)
Excellent post. :)

chitra said...

Hary Busy?was wondering where you are ?

I to remember reading a similar story as a young kid ,but still made an interesting read.

numerounity said...

hary scary...ZFunny...very! :)

I have read this tory in many forms:)

Good one...I am also inspired to write a drabble...watch out my post tomo...It is not a drabble though:)

kanagu said...

Machi... you have got 100 followers.. congrats :) :)

and the story si nice even though I have read it in some version earlier... you could have made it lil crisp :)

and hope your workload reduces soon... take care.. :)

Butterfly Thoughts said...

thanks for the visit to my blog.yes indeed a nice story:-) will be back for more.

vidya said...

Inspiring message wrapped up in a nice story. Neat!
Now the count is 106:)

Shas said...

Good one pal.
U were asking for ur 100th follower. See u hav got ur 106th...God too has a sense of humour....lolzzz

Shruti said...

Hey, I have heard this story already with some potatoes and FBI agents..
But still, loved every bit of this! Nalla than kadha solre...oru back ground musicirundha innum superru

cool drizzle said...

Hi! Harry
That was a nice one
though ive read the same with a prisoner doing this for his dad for farming,
But uve added the beauty of bonding ,nice yaar.

HaRy!! said...

Thanks everyone...!! cya around in ma next post!

Praseela Nair said...

Congrats Hary! 109 not out and still on the rocks!

Cute Cadre said...

Luvd it :)

Renu said...

read this story earlier also ,butlike your improvisation:)

vEnKy said...

i didnt get the story

Vishnu said...

ahhh.. nice.. i liked it very much.. unga gethu mokkaiyoda serthu appa appa indha madiri oru rendu bit post pannunga..