Saturday, April 3, 2010

My NaMe Is WaLa...



OK so now I went missing, so whats the big deal, we all go missing now and then. When I was a kid I used to play missing with my Dad in the exhibition, mall and scare the hell out of him, until I realised its not easy to find him either. Well any ways the post has nothing to do with me missing, its an Autobiography... I suck at writing autobiographies, so I took the expert advice. I'll tell you later who.

My Name is.... , that doesn't matter much cause none of you and the society know me by my name even if were to give one. I am considered a terror in the society and have been ridiculed by so many. Yet that gives me the strength.

I can drive around the streets thru tiny gaps where only cycle can pass thru , thereby I am the co-founder of the phrase "Cycle gap la auto ootran paru da" (driving an auto in the cycle gap)

I can charge the customer as much as a trip to the moon, even though the distance would be like from a hallway to the bathroom in a one-bed room flat.

I never do care about the vehicle really and have the privilege to abandon it, as most of them which I drive belong to the owners.

I consider the person sitting in the middle to be safe and I have pictures of Hindu,Muslim and Christianity for the passengers to pray for a safe journey.

I don't provide seat belts, so up to you to hold onto something.

I can drive the 200cc vehicle assuming to be a 5000cc Lamborghini.

I still have Rajinikanth's photo on my vehicle, so I can create publicity.

I stop when a girl waves her hand to stop and stick my tongue out when a guy waves.

My Vehicle is supposed to carry 3 persons, although I can take more than that ( If you know what i mean ahem ahem)






I consider the person sitting in the middle to be safe and I have pictures of Hindu,Muslim and Christianity for the passengers to pray for a safe journey.
I belong to an Union, as strong as the central Government.

Along with learning to drive, I learnt to abuse and fight so that skills are quite handy at many a time.

I have a fuming stove connected secretly beneath my meter.

You might be able to convince your girlfriend , but not me am more expensive than her shopping kitty.

Well me and my vehicle are always the first Victim of any strike, bundh .

I can take 15 people inside my tuk tuk.

Now all above experiences and facts are based on the blogger's fictional truth, any information detailed might be because the blogger loves the autorickshaws and yes as always please read my disclaimer.Cyu all soon :D

53 comments:

chitra said...

Ah...there you are. was wondering where did you disappear. I also took a break and shall becoming active quite soon. See you.BTW you mentioned abot some trip to home town. Did you make it?
Your blog reminds me of a post I read recently you may chk this 'share a ride' at http://connoisseuratlarge.wordpress.com/

Divya said...

interesting blog it is... u do things at ur own will... thts indeed good :)

Nithya said...

:)

sm said...

interesting post
and like the auto pic good shot

kanagu said...

share auto va pathi enna oru virivaana post :) :)

UK poiyum maraka mudiyalayo??? ;)

vEnKy said...

You forgot the Tatauvams at the back of the auto.

Some points were repetitive delete them

♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ ayu ♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♫ said...

lol i thought its true!!! you have fooled me huh..? belated happy april fool's day huh..? hehehe...

P.S.
check out my latest post if you're ain't busy~ :3

Peneloppe said...

heheh :) romba experience oh... nice blog man... super ah irukku

Suree said...

oh hary.. was missing your blog... back with a bang...

"AIM OF THE BLOG IS TO SHOW THAT THE BLOGGER IS DRUNK BUT VERY CLEAR WHEN WRITING!"

I missed this before :)

Madhu said...

evvavalavu naal missing?/ Yeah yeah,i dont care about that! :P:D

Auto kaaranaa? naan chennai la daily oru anju auto drivergala tittuven..Meter podaama minimum 100 rupees vaangara tirudargal...:P:D

Neha said...

interesting description..very nice click..and welcome back..are you going to disappear again or this is a comeback post? :P

Makk said...

You have understated capabilities of "...wala"

:)
:D

lollzzzzzzz. you are Guilty.

Harini said...

Hehehe... so true :).

You have repeated 2 points twice :P.

HaRy!! said...

~Chitra..yep i did make it :)..good to know yu hav taken the break as well...and thanks for the blog, will read it soon!

~Divya.. thanks mate... my own will? sorry didnt quite catch yu

~Nithya.. he he:)

suruchi said...

Hi, I guess it’s later enough to know the expert’s name and yours...
And no, you don’t suck at autobiographies...u just take them too seriously...and ended up writing an ‘auto’s biography...bad joke...

Nways...Thanks for informing that we can hold on to ANYTHING due to lack of seat belts...hmmm....now don’t ask me just what crossed my mind right now....
Cos when u said in brackets (if u know what I mean)...I knew n now u should too;-)

HaRy!! said...

~SM.. he he thank yuuu!

~Kanagu... Mache.. nama yelam yenga ponalum same than!

HaRy!! said...

~Venky... nandri aiya.. yeah antha punch dialogue marunthuten!

~Ayu... Glad someone notices that :)... yep wil check it out

HaRy!! said...

~Penny... yeah yu only bigger experience!

~Suree... thanks man.. hav to visit yur blog as well...

HaRy!! said...

~Madhu... apo i think in many autos there ll be a punch dialogue as " Madhu na odungaa :) "

~Neha... nope.. me back for good!!

HaRy!! said...

~Makk... OH no.... i'll check with my lawyer!

Anya said...

Interesting post HaRy :-)
Lovely to read ... (as always)

Sid said...

You also sit at odd angles and have a 0 meter torque.
I hate you when i have my car and love you without it.
Great post dude.. loved it :)

blunt edges said...

if there's any breed that i hate after the terrorists, its these rick-wallahs...now don't get me started on that!

n u know what the new slogan of the rick-wallahs is after the release of 'my name is khan'?
"my name is rick-wallah, n i AM a terrorist" ;)

vidya said...

haha..yet after all those 'praises', one still cant avoid them:D

Sat_hi_sh said...

Enna sare ,long time ?????

Its takes talent to drive like this u know ,let ur talents inspire more fellow bloggers :)


keep blogging
cheers !!!

rohini said...

first time on ur blog...and liked the cool feeling here....nt the AC one but the feeling one...
nice post...hey while writing also i saw u got the butterfly cool award...cngrts
do check mine too///
http://rohini-myweirdestdreams.blogspot.com/
www.rohinirojindar.blogspot.com

HaRy!! said...

~Harini... thnkq... taken off now :)

~Surichi... now that was not a bad joke at all.. wonder y it didnt strike to me in the first place!...AUTO biography.. ha ha thats a laugh!!..cyu around.. thanks for finding wat i mean

HaRy!! said...

~Anya... nice to cyu around....:) thanks!

~Sid... True ..true true ..trueeeeeeeeee

HaRy!! said...

~Blunt... guess me affected far lesser than yu:).. he he sorry dude! better luck then!

~Vidhya... oh very right.. there is not a better secure, hazzle free transport ..at least for women!

HaRy!! said...

~Rohini.. nice to know ya.... sure ll check it out.. keep visiting with AC effect :)

rohini said...

sure will do ....for that following u .....thnx for visiting my blog

Neha said...

I consider the person sitting in the middle to be safe and I have pictures of Hindu,Muslim and Christianity for the passengers to pray for a safe journey.

hahaha LOL =))

After reading this post suddenly mumbai is feeling heaven to me :P

:)

KParthasarathi said...

Padikka nanna irundhadhu.Thanks for visiting my blog

SG said...

Nice post. Loved it. Would it be indecent if I say the customers ride you all day and all night?

cool drizzle said...

aha...cool description,
had my laugh for sure.....

HaRy!! said...

~Neha... why? aint there no auto's there? yu missing all the fun then!

~Kpartha.... thnkq thnkq... oh i visit yur blog all the time!

HaRy!! said...

~SG... y this kola veri! :D

~Cool...always a pleasure to make someone lol

Readers Dais said...

Hi! Harry,

So found another blog where i can come to have a good laugh eh! enjoyed ur style,....
thanks :)

Readers Dais said...

Hi! Harry,

good one yaar, so here is some place where we can come o spread a smile... :)

anupama said...

Dear Hary,
Good Morning!
Your post brought a smile this morning!Thanks!
It's my turn to play hide and seek now.But then who will write all the thoughts overflowing?:)
Hope you know,15th is my vishu-New Year!Hope you too celebrate Vishu!
Wishing you a wonderful day ahead,
Sasneham,
Anu

Shalini said...

Anna...KK nagar...evlo???

HaRy!! said...

~Readers.... thats a real swell compliment... sure to cyu around!.lols guaraunteeed!!

~Anupama.... wish yu the very same! we all play dont we :)

HaRy!! said...

~Shalini....100$ varingala?

HaRy!! said...

~Shalini....100$ varingala?

Esther said...

hehehe! That seven seater auto shot was too good! =D
Nice read! :P And yes these days the auto rides have become more expensive than hello kitties! :P

\m/

I enjoyed this!

:)

Zeba said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo much information!!!! loved it. funny u r.

Meow said...

Welcome back.. soooper dooper post about our OORU autowalas :P Loving it ;)

Hindu paper la podalama?>??

Haddock said...

Ha ha .. . . .. .like this one.

shyam said...

nice one bro!! enjoying each and every post.. :)

Amity said...

Well...am sooooo late here......:))

I read this already but got no time to post comment! I have to read it again!

Your title speaks for the whole story...:)

Know what HaRy? Wala in our dialect means None...did somebody in ur circle of friends teach u the word? or some kind of a filipino race?

But ur story seems to exists too in our society, overpacked cadillac and all? lols!

Good morning...:)

Insignia said...

That was some fun...Finally...you are back :-)

Shesha Chaturvedi said...

:)) Absolute sarcasm!

Rajlakshmi said...

after a long long time... I can get some vague idea what you have been doing all this time hehehehe :D
auto wala's are frustrati ngwhen it comes to fare... robbing in broad daylight...