Friday, August 14, 2009

LoNdOn BaBy ....!!

LoNdOn is the best place i have ever been...so beautiful and spellbound maintainence! So, i thought i'll just share some of the best places i have been and might help you guys when visiting this tourist paradise.
I have categorised based on the my priority of the events attraction @ the Underground stations to make life lot more easier.


------Westminster @ Westminster-------- This tops the list :) An awesome place with pan
oramic view of the London eye & the Parliament . Don't miss the night ferry ride from Westminister pier around!! No matter 'n' no of times i go to this place and yet do not get bored!! My fav place all over the world.
1. Madam Tussads @ Baker street - Awesome place with all Wax dupe :) , i got to take fotos with Lopez,Lara & myfav Beatles!

2. London Dungeon @ London Bridge - Scary !!(beautiful girls dressed as witches, ghosts and haunty caretakers...now thats not scary is it?)

3. London Eye @ Waterloo - If at all yu were to visit London

during December, do not missthe mind blowing spectacular fire works on Dec31 midnight. The best spot to view this Extravaganza is beneath the Big Ben...and thats where i was :) !

4. Tower of London @ Tower bridge or near to London Bridge (Good but big) - The fortress of Ol' London still hangs around , find all the weaponery dating back to BC era.

5. Greenwich @ Cutty arc (i) National Martime museum (ii) Greenwich Park (iii)Cutty Arc (I think anytime)
All three places are near Greenwich only - Get to see the GMT :) , Splendid place and most importantly free entry!

6. Lords @ St.john or Baker street. - To all cricket crazy amigos, a must see place! Boy i was lucky to see India vs England t20 match live :)

7. Science museum @ South Kennigton (Very good) - Although it might bore for some of us! not me, my frnd he he!


8. Canary Wharf @ Canary Wharf (This you can go any time as its just the skyscrapers for photograph, but only during the daytime).

9. Trafagal square ( Anytime) - Remember the opening scene from DDLJ , yes thats exactly the place . So crowdy place yu hardly have a minute to take a photo..i did somehow climb the Lions!

10. Buckingham Palace @ Victoria ( Anytime) - Summer time there is a special entry to Staterooms, do not miss this!! Check out the way British have led their Royal life! Plus @11:30 have this spectacular guard changing.

11. Leicester square & Piccadily Circus @ Leicester square (night life) - For all Party Animals, this is the place yu wanna b..v once came out of a pub @ 3:30 am and it was still busy and crowded as it was at 21:00!

13. London Bridge & Tower Bridge @ London Bridge( Anytime) - I had tears when i saw London & Tower bridge... Dream come true i suppose!

14. Thames walk from London Bridge to Tower Bridge ( Anytime - very good..and boy its romantic!)

15. Oxford Street @ Oxford Street (Anytime - shopping for all items)

16. Tottenham Court road @ Tottenham Court ( Anytime - Electronics items)

17. British Museum @ Tottenham Court Road ( Ok but biggggg...brush up yur history)

18. East Ham Temples and food @ East Ham ( Delicious Southindian food - Anytime).

19. Imax 3D movies @ Waterloo ( The Screen OMG size of a couple of Double decker buses together!)

20. London Zoo ( If nothin else is open)

21. London Aquarium @ Waterloo ( If nothing else is open)

22. Carboot sale - Hounslow @Hounslow (Electronic,Misc... items at dead cheap price on Sundays)

The London Tube - It totally blows yu out!! Marvel the construction of the Underground stations and the trains....nothing can be more precise and fascinating. Connects all over London, so try using both the Tube and Buses equally to have a glimpse of both.
Also don’t forget to take as much as 2 FOR 1 tickets at the railway station and keep all your Train Tickets to London with you all the time to avail these offers.
---------Happy LondoNING----- !



48 comments:

Sakshi said...

Okay now I need you to offer us lodging and food...then on my way to hop around london!

Rane (The Orchid with All Shades Pink) said...

i totally enjoyed this post.. makes me feel that after reading your post i know a lot more about that place even without visiting..very very informative...thank you!!

Sowmi said...

Wowowow... I am bookmarking this page :) If I happened to visit London, I'll remember your post :)

HaRy!! said...

~ Sakshi...sure come over! I am legend :) he he

HaRy!! said...

~Rane..danx...luv this place!

Nazish Rahman said...

Oh wow you've really covered London well!! Oh the place that i would first want to visit there is Lords. It must b an awesome experience watching cricket there, but not when India lost that match !!

I liked your blog ....it nice, n thanks for visiting my blog n dropping your wise n lovely comments...i appreciate that.
Hope to see more post of yours...:)

Happy Independence Day :)!!

HaRy!! said...

~Sowmi...vango vango..! London ungalai anbudan vara verkum!

~Nazish...glad yu liked em!Oh yeah India lost but the ambience was OMG! Glad yu luvd it..keep comin..will cya around:)!

Vyshu said...

Very informative and entertaining :)

Loved this place..:) you are having a big time there ..Lucky.!

Thanks for sharing this..:)

take care

ZB said...

Ok, sure, As Sakshi says arrange accommodation for me too and i shall be there.

Its dead cheap to fly from my part of the world. Thanks for the info:))

shilpa said...

ok very well described but oxford is expensive dear but well worth it,zoo is good as well as a aquarium.I must admit london eye was boring but madame was brilliant.

HaRy!! said...

~Vyshu...danx..visit it definitely !!

~ZB....come over...sure ll show yu guys around!

HaRy!! said...

~Shilpa.. yu are a Londonwala..this is just i know!! pls let me know any other places he he

Archana said...

Londonnnn. :) Minus the dreary, rainy weather it can be a fun place, hehe. I've been a few times, once for Wimbledon and the other times just for meeting up with friends/etc. Though you missed out Covent Garden! I love, love that place. All the restaurants are absolutely fabulous there. :)

That said, looks like for a London newbie, you'd be a very helpful & fun tour guide!

Venky said...

Hary you missed the Arsenal Emirates Stadium my favourite team. Yep london is a beautiful place after all it is our riches they built from

Sucharita Sarkar said...

That's a pretty comprehensive tour of London. Thanks for sharing.

Gayathri said...

Aaha..u gimme an online tourist guide!!!
btw
i'm yet to earn MY money..so better make all the arrangements for travel and stay,.so that i could acknowledge ur enlightening :D

btw,im having a terrible disruption in the daily routines since im at my aunt's home..so if at all im not regular here,pls do pardon me..nothing intentional.. :)
cheers :)

HaRy!! said...

~Arch.. yeah thanks..ll add that to my to do list...oh yeah this was just for my friends and ppl who are new to London!

HaRy!! said...

~Venky..sure now i ought to visit that one..:) nandri

~Suchitra...danx:)

HaRy!! said...

~Gayathri...sure London is the best place...do drop by..he he..no worries tak care

Rakesh Vanamali said...

So I've heard! Have a great time ahead!

Cute Cadre said...

Hey nice info :)

HaRy!! said...

~Rakesh & Niranjana...Danx...cya around! :)

Babli said...

I liked your blog very much.Lovely post.
You are welcome in my blogs.

HaRy!! said...

~Babli..cya! :)

sm said...

good post
like it

BabYpose said...

Thank you for taking me to London from here. Loved it :)

Zeba said...

I have been to almost all of the places mentioned and London is my fav destination too!! Same pinch.

HaRy!! said...

~SM...cheers keep visitin!

~Babypose... yu are welcome :)

HaRy!! said...

~Zeba..anything else that i have missed ?

Parita said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :)
I visited london last may and boy it was fun, oh i have seen most of the places you have mentioned :)

Saicruise said...

poor Hari!! ROyapuram ROckzzz...

HaRy!! said...

~Parita... bet yu had the best time yes! good yu have covered most of the places

~Sai...ithuyelam unake too much ah ila? Still remember the stink when i entered Royapuram

SHWETHA said...

London eyes, a firework? It luks a kinda fountain.... I was shocked.
Nice pics, luks very professional.

shilpa said...

i have not been anywhere but london as of now hmmmmm

Master And Student said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. As of I visited your blog and hope to visit "your London" too :)

Saicruise said...

Hah!! stink on u! Well Royapuram alwayssss Rockzzz.. kosimedu Beach! one s enough.

HaRy!! said...

~Swetha...just search on the youtube as London New year...bet yu'd be spellbound!

HaRy!! said...

~Shilpa...can see that, probably i shud be asking the places to visit :)

~Master n student...Please doooo !

HaRy!! said...

~Sai.. agree with yu on this... Kasimedu beach indeed is the best place :) remember those small boys divin in..!

Benny said...

sorry! din't read it fully..after reading the first 5 itself,I started envying u N London..seri podum nu vituten..:) when I hav plans of coming to UK,I will check ur post N visit al d places ;)I knw anna,UK is such a beautiful place.Still cherishing the dream of coming der one day:)

HaRy!! said...

~Benny... Sure Bro...do visit UK , a beauty no doubt! vango vango

Pavithra said...

First time to your blog. Wonderful info's will be back again. keep going .. the pic of london eye is simply Superb !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Cadre said...

@Hary
You remember my real name!!! Great yaar!!

HaRy!! said...

~Pavithra...welcome...do visit London!

~Niranaja... thats my memory for yu :)

Lakshmi said...

Loved this one.. U made me add London to my wishlist..top ten places i wanna visit b4 i die :)

TheBeez said...

Hi Hary!

Sorry I've been a bit neglectful with the move and all, but I'm back! :)

I've been to London as part of an European Adventure I did a looong time ago (we were only there 2 days), so I got to see some of these things, but not all. I do have "Go to London" as a BIG bullet point on my "things I need to do before I'm about 30" list, so hopefully I'll get to do it! We'd be able to chat in real life!

HaRy!! said...

~Lakshmi... please do visit this marvel:)

~Beez... welcome...awaiting yu here:)!tak care

Manju said...

wheeeeeeee i like cartoons! and im liking your blog :)
i always seem to get lost somehow, whenever i come to london. maybe you should play guide for me next time haha!